Victoria University has a range of links which promote closer relations between New Zealand and Vietnam including:
- Collaboration with the Ministry of Education and Training on post-graduate scholarships.
- Programmes in international relations with the Diplomatic Academy of Vietnam.
- English language training for the last 20 years for more than 250 Vietnamese offcials under the New Zealand government English Language Training for Offcials programme.
- An engineering programme with the Hanoi University of Science and Technology.
- A business programme with the National Economics University Hanoi.
- Hosting visits from a number of Vietnamese dignitaries including former President Nguyen Minh Triet, late Prime Minister Phan Van Khai, former Vice-President Truong My Hoa, former Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Education and Training Nguyen Thien Nhan and Prime Minister Nguyen Xuan Phuc.
Victoria is proud to have the most Vietnamese students among New Zealand universities.